What is it?
Inspired by the lifestyle in this Central American paradise, Michele Shorter, founder and owner of The Shorter Approach, has partnered with GreenSpot.Travel to offer the Pura Vida Luxury Wellness Retreat: The Shorter Approach Does Costa Rica. The week-long experience will include goal-setting, cardio and strength training, and nutrition planning mixed with activities like coffee plantation tours, cooking classes, hikes up a nearby volcano, and salsa dancing with locals every day.
People of all fitness levels and experience have the chance to join Shorter on the Costa Rica retreat, which includes incredible experiences at two Cayuga Collection properties: Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort and Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort.
When is it?
Oct. 8 to 15, 2016
Where is it?
Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort (October 8-10)
Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort (October 11-14)
Extensions both before and after the retreat are possible
Who are the additional partners?
GreenSpot.Travel http://www.greenspot.travel/blog/pura-vida-luxury-wellness-retreat/ The Shorter Approach http://theshorterapproach.com/costarica/
More info below
What type of guests are we expecting?
We anticipate that we will have primarily women aged 45-60, travelling from the western USA, Miami area, and eastern US (New York region), as well as guests from western Canada.
What is included?
- Daily meals
- Fitness and goal-setting discussion and guidance
- Nutrition planning and recommendations
- Cardio and strength training
- Sunset yoga
- Salsa lessons
- Volcano hike and wildlife viewing
- Hiking tour of Manuel Antonio National Park
- A tour of the organic coffee plantation at Finca Rosa Blanca
- Wildlife viewing
- Cooking demonstrations
- Optional add-on activities during ‘free time’ include:
- Kayaking or stand-up padding excursion
- Easy Being Green Tour: sustainability at Arenas Del Mar
- Spa treatment at Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Retreat (separate fee)
Who should I contact if I have more questions?